Language King Academy Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “LKA, we, our, us”), on behalf of itself and its affiliates/group companies is the author and publisher of the internet resource https://languagekingacademy.com (“Website”). LKA is a facilitator, enabler, exhibitor of educational material for various examinations/ language courses and provides an interactive, unique e-learning platform enabling Teachers to create online courses for you/users to access quality education at affordable prices (“Services”).
LKA owns and operates the services provided through its Website, which is an online live streaming education platform wherein Teachers can conduct live classes without being in your immediate physical proximity via online live-streaming and chatting. The Website is also engaged into selling of new and old books to its users and also provides library access to its Students for research and study purposes. By using this Website, you will have access to classroom teachings and course material online on the Website from anywhere in the world.
- USER PROVIDED INFORMATION
- LKA’s Website or services or products obtains the information you provide when you download and register for the services or products. When you register with Website, you generally provide (a) your name, age, email address, location, phone number, password and your educational interests; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Website from LKA; (c) information you provide when you contact LKA for help; (d) information you enter into LKA’s system when using the Website or services or products, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests. The said information collected from you could be categorized as “Personal Information”, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information”. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as ‘Information’ in this Policy.
- LKA may use the Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. LKA will ask you when in need of more information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows to contact you.
- LKA will not differentiate between who is using the device to access the Website or services or products, so long as the log in/access credentials match with yours. In order to make the best use of the Website or services or products and enable your Information to be captured accurately on the Website, it is essential that you have logged in using your own credentials.
- LKA, at all times, provides the option to you to not provide the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, which it seeks from you. Further, you shall, at any time while using the Website or services or products, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to us to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Such withdrawal of the consent is required to be sent in writing to LKA at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In such event, however, LKA fully reserves the right not to allow further usage of the Website or provide any Services/products thereunder to you.
- AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- When you access the services, including browsing our Courses, Website collects certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation: (a) technical information about your computer or Wireless Device, such as Your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types (collectively, “Technical Information”); and (b) usage statistics about your interaction with the services, including Courses accessed, time spent on pages or the services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the Services used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the services (collectively, “Usage Data”).
- This Technical Information and Usage Data, which may be linked to your information, is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, including: (i) cookies, which are small files that websites send to your computer or Wireless Device to uniquely identify your browser or mobile device or to store information in your browser setting; and (ii) web beacons, which are small objects that allows Website to measure the actions of visitors using the services.
- Geolocation Information: IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine your approximate location, such as the city, state and/or country associated with an IP address.
- COOKIES AND DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
- LKA and its Website (and/or service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics and/or our third party advertisers) may use server log files and automated data collection tools, such as cookies, tags, scripts, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (collectively, “Data Collection Tools”) when you access and use our services. In some cases, we tie the information gathered by these means to our other information you provide and that we collect as described in this Policy. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain Technical Information and Usage Data that your browser sends when you use our services. In some cases, we will associate this Technical Information and Usage Data with other information about you.
- We may also employ web beacons or other technology for a variety of reasons such as: (i) allowing us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened; (ii) allowing us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation.
- LKA’s Website uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: We use preferences cookies to remember information about your browser and how you prefer to use our service, i.e. to remember your preferred settings that affect the experience of how our services look to you or behave when you access and/or use them, such as your preferred language. Preference cookies make your experience of interacting with our services more functional and customized to suit your preferences.
- Security: We use security cookies to enable you to log-in and access our service, to protect your Account against fraudulent log-ins by others, and help detect, fight, and protect against abuse or unauthorised usage of your Account.
- Functional: We use functional cookies to improve your experience of using our services.
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site may use Local Storage Objects, also known as Flash Cookies (LSOs) to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing LSOs.
- PERSONAL DATA USAGE
- LKA uses the collected Information to analyze trends, to conduct research, to administer the Website, to learn about each user’s learning patterns and movements around the Website and to gather demographic information and usage behavior about user base as a whole. Aggregated and individual, anonymized and non-anonymized data may periodically be transmitted to external service providers to help LKA improve the Website or products and services. LKA may share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described below in this Policy.
- LKA may use the individual data and behavior patterns combined with personal information to provide you with personalized content, and better your learning objectives. Third parties provide certain services which LKA may use to analyze the data and information to personalize, drive insights and help to improve your experience or reach out to you with more value added applications, products, information and services. However, these third party companies do not have any independent right to share this information. LKA does not sell, trade or rent your Information to any third party unless, LKA has been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so. LKA may at times provide aggregate statistics about its customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, however this information when disclosed will be in an aggregate form and does not contain any of your Personally Identifiable Information.
- LKA shall be entitled to use the information and data collected from you to communicate with you for all or any of the following purposes:
- Responding to your questions or concerns;
- Emailing you information or providing in app messages about your progress in Courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses, which you can opt out of at any time;
- Sending push notifications to your device to provide updates and other relevant messages.
- LKA shall be authorized to use your information and data for following purposes, but not limited to:
- Understand and improve the services and develop new products, services or features;
- Manage your Account preferences, establish your Profile and Registration Information;
- Facilitate the technical functioning of the services, including without limitation to troubleshoot and resolve issues, secure the services; and prevent fraud and abuse;
- Respond to customer support questions and issues and resolve disputes;
- Create, review, analyze and share Technical Information;
- Analyze trends and User traffic, track purchases and usage information;
- Advertise our services on third party websites or mobile applications;
- Market, process or fulfill promotions administered or sponsored by LKA;
- Solicit feedback from Users;
- As required or permitted by law;
- As LKA, in its sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our Users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our services;
- Identify unique users across devices; or
- Tailor advertisements across devices.
- SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES & DATA SECURITY
- Third Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or Agents: We may share your information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. An example of these third party companies includes, but is not limited to IC Studio. These third party service providers may access your personal information, and are required to use it solely as directed by us for the purpose of our requested service.
- About you with other users: As mentioned above your Profile Information may be publicly viewable, including to other users. In addition, any questions asked by you on Website, information about you, such as your name, may be publicly viewable by other users.
- Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: LKA uses third-party analytics to help understand your usage of our services and to improve our service. We may provide your contact information, Registration Information, Technical Information, Usage Data, or de-identified data or to data enrichment services to such third party analytics and data enrichment service providers, which match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- Business Transfers, Sales, Mergers, or Divestitures: In the event that LKA undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share, disclose or transfer all of your information to the successor organization in such transition or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., due diligence).
- Promotions: We may share your information in connection with any Promotion you enter on or through the services, as necessary to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill the Promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to provide winners’ lists or make required filings as appropriate) or in accordance with the applicable rules of the Promotion. We may share your information with a third party assisting us in administering the Promotion.
- Advertising of Third Party Products/Services: While we do not currently offer advertising on the services, if we do offer advertising in the future, we may use and share with third party advertisers (and other third parties) certain Technical Information, Usage Information and/or Aggregate Information to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect Technical Information or Aggregate Information, which they may share with us, through the use of tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. The information collected may be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your user experience by increasing the likelihood that advertisements for products and services you see will appeal to you, a practice known as behavioral advertising, and to undertake web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end user activity to improve your experience).
- With your permission, we may share information with your consent to third parties not within scope of this Policy.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information, we may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
- Safety, Security, Cooperation with Law Enforcement, & Compliance with Legal Obligations: LKA may disclose Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- to enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- when it believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- with its trusted services providers who work on their behalf, do not have an independent use of the information which LKA discloses to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this Policy;
- to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Website, LKA or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third party service providers in order to personalize the Website or services or products for a better user experience and to perform behavioral analysis;
- CHOICES REGARDING USE OF INFORMATION
- You can always choose not to provide certain information to LKA but you may not be able to use certain features of the services. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from us, you can opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional communication you receive.
- Please note that despite your opt-out choice or indicated email preferences, we will still send you transactional and/or relationship messages regarding the services, including, for example, administrative confirmations, order confirmation, important updates regarding the services, and notices regarding our policies.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. LKA does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or device operating system.
- If You have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may access and update your information that LKA collects and maintains in the following ways:
- You may update the information you provide directly to LKA by logging into your Account and updating your Account information at any time. You may also submit any requests for access to your personal data to email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
- To manage the information we receive about you from a Third Party Platform or device, please follow the instructions provided by the Third Party Platform or device provider for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. Once LKA receives your information from a Third Party Platform or Wireless Device, that information is stored and used by LKA in accordance with this Policy.
- LKA will provide you with such other means as may be necessary, to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current.
- You may access and update your information that LKA collects and maintains in the following ways:
- ONLINE ADVERTISING
- LKA may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of advertising about our services on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
- We may use third parties to help deliver these tailored advertising on other websites and in mobile applications. These third parties may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the services as discussed above and may access these cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the services in order to serve these tailored advertisement. We also may share with third-party advertisers a hashed version of your email address that is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you, solely in non-human readable form and content that you share publicly when using the services for purposes of delivering tailored advertising.
- When using a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
- Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the services, you may still receive advertisements on other websites and mobile applications even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
LKA may alert you by email or phone (through sms/call) to inform you about new service offerings or other information which it feels might be useful for you.
- PUBLIC FORUMS
When you use certain features on the Website like the discussion forums and you post or share your personal information such as comments, messages, files, photos, will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting on our forums this information may become publicly available.
- INFORMATION SAFEGUARDS AND MEASURES
- LKA is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information which it processes and maintains by prohibiting unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, limiting access to this Information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve LKA’s Website or services or products.
- These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the data we collect and store. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and LKA, the services, or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through the services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- Your password is an important component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately and contact support.
- DELETION/TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT
- Deactivation of Account: If you are a Student, and wish to delete your Account, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require any assistance or encounter any difficulty in deleting your Account, you may also contact us via email at email@example.com and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 24 hours.
- Account Terminated or Deleted: Please be aware that even after your Account is terminated or deleted some or all of your information may still remain visible to others, including but not limited to any information that has been: (a) incorporated into others user’s content, comments, postings, submissions, including but not limited to Course comments ; (b) copied, stored or disseminated by other users; (c) shared or disseminated by you or others such as in a Public Posting; or (4) posted on a Third Party Platform.
- Termination of your Account will not result in the removal of information collected and already put in aggregate form or information that cannot, in our sole discretion, be removed without undue burden to LKA. LKA is not able and/or obligated to remove any of your information from a Third Party Platform.
- Even after you delete your Account or your Account is terminated, we may retain your information as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so. In addition, your information may not be deleted from servers of the Third Party Platform you use to access our services. We may retain backup copies of your information on our servers or databases (and/or any authorized third party servers or databases we use) for legitimate purposes such as assist with any legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Such information may be disclosed pursuant to this Policy regardless of whether your Account is deleted or terminated.
- HOW LONG DOES LKA RETAIN USER DATA?
Currently, LKA plans to retain user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterward. LKA may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, it may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, LKA may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
- LOG INFORMATION
When you access the Website, its servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- USER COMMUNICATIONS
When you send an email or other communication to LKA, it may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve its services.
- CHANGES/UPDATION TO THIS POLICY
This Policy will need to evolve as well to cover new situations along with the evolution of LKA and its Website, services and products. You are advised to review this Policy regularly for any changes, as continued use is deemed approval of all changes.
From time to time, we may update this Policy. If we make any material change to this Policy, we will notify you via email or through notification posted on our website, and as required by applicable law. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
- YOUR CONSENT
LKA believes that, every user of its Website or services or products must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Website or services or products. By registering on the Website, you are expressly consenting to LKA’s collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
- ADDRESSING FOR PRIVACY CONCERNS
Language King Academy Private Limited